FOR THE EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONAL
New extended deadline: May 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST
The IABC London Outstanding Communicator Award recognizes a communications professional who exemplifies excellence in the profession. This outstanding professional is someone whose recent strategic planning and implementation has delivered significant business results and/or someone who has developed an exceptional body of work. Whether involved in the private, public or not-for-profit sector, the recipient of this award consistently achieves business results by planning, implementing and measuring communications strategies, projects and campaigns.
- The Outstanding Communicator Award nominee must:
- Be a communications or public relations professional working in Southwestern Ontario;
- Have a recent body of work developed over an undefined period of time (anywhere from one year to a decade). Their work must demonstrate strategic communications planning and implementation that has led to important business results;
- Practice exceptional communications leadership in their organization and/or community.
- Demonstrate adherence to ethical standards;
- Show commitment to professional development.
- Both IABC members and non-members are eligible.
- A minimum of two letters of support must be included with the nomination. A maximum of three letters of support will be accepted.
- Each nomination may be accompanied by a maximum of five links to videos, photos, media materials, articles, etc. that showcase the nominee as an outstanding communicator.
- This is not a project-based award. Individual projects should be submitted to IABC London’s Virtuoso Awards.
- This is not a career award. IABC Canada offers a lifetime achievement award through the Master Communicator Award while IABC International offers a lifetime achievement award through its Fellow designations.
Submit your nomination using our online form by May 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- 2021 Outstanding Communicator Award – Patti McKague, Director, Strategic Communications, Government Relations and Community Engagement, City of London
- 2020 Outstanding Communicator Award – Julia Oosterman, Chief, Communications & Public Affairs, Bluewater Health
- 2019 Outstanding Communicator Award – Dr. Christopher Mackie, Medical Officer of Health and Chief Executive Officer, Middlesex-London Health Unit
- 2018 Outstanding Communicator Award – David Billson, CEO, rTraction Canada, Inc
- 2017 Outstanding Communicator Award – Andrew McClenaghan, President, Digital Echidna