The past year has challenged us in unexpected ways. We’ve all had to elevate our game. To better recognize your work, IABC London is implementing the following for this year’s Virtuoso Awards:
- COVID-19 Category: A new category has been added titled Category 14B: COVID-19 Response & Recovery Management and Communication. The category is designed to recognize internal and external COVID-19-related programs and strategies. Entrants can also submit pandemic-related videos, stories, publications and other communication tactics in appropriate categories under Division 4: Communication Skills.
- Scoring Changes: IABC London is committed to continuous improvement of our Virtuoso Awards program. This year, we’ve further updated our scoring thresholds to align with recommendations from IABC International. Entries will still be scored against the global standard of the profession using the ‘Seven-Point Scale of Excellence’ and winners will hold the same prestige, reflecting excellence in their profession. To win an Award of Merit, an entry must score between 5.0 and 5.11. To win an Award of Excellence, entries must score above 5.12. Best of the Best Awards will continue to be awarded to the top scoring entries in each division.
We will also continue offering enhancements made in 2020 based on feedback received from you and your colleagues:
- Longer eligibility period: Entrants can submit work completed within the past two years (January 2019 to present).
- Resources to support you in preparing an entry: Preparing an award entry can be time-consuming and challenging, especially if it’s your first time. We’re here to support you through every step of the process. Check out our Resources for Entrants page for help with preparing your entry. For any questions about preparing your entry, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a line on social media!
- Staggered deadlines: We’re continuing to offer early bird, standard and late deadlines. Whether you’re looking to save a few dollars or have a few extra days, you can choose from one of three deadlines to submit your entry.
- Revitalized evaluation: Last year, we made necessary improvements to our evaluation process. In the past, Virtuoso Award entries would be sent to a peer IABC chapter for evaluation. We now seek unbiased, carefully selected evaluators from our local communications, marketing and creative industries. This allows us to select experienced professionals who meet set criteria, and ensure they are consistently trained to evaluate fairly and provide meaningful feedback on your project.
- Enhanced recognition: We are offering more recognition to Virtuoso Award winners to ensure you are celebrated in the ways you deserve. From the Virtuoso Awards Celebration to social shout-outs, award winners are featured more prominently to highlight excellence in our region.
Learn more about Virtuoso: