The Virtuoso Awards are back and better than ever! This year we’re offering more resources to support you in preparing an entry, improved scoring, a revitalized evaluation process, enhanced recognition and more!
IABC London took a ‘purposeful pause’ on the Virtuoso Awards in 2019 to engage our community in a conversation around awards for communicators, marketers and creatives. We heard loud and clear that Virtuoso is valued, but that some changes were needed. With your feedback, we’ve developed a number of enhancements to offer an improved awards experience.
- Changes in eligibility – To ensure you are recognized for amazing work done in 2018, we will allow entries for projects implemented within the past two calendar years.
- More resources to support you in preparing an entry – Preparing an award entry can be time-consuming and challenging, especially if it’s your first time. We’re here to support you through every step of the process. Check out our Resources for Entrants page and don’t miss our January 22 event which will feature tips and tricks for preparing an entry. For any questions, feel free to email our Awards Director, Robert DeLaet, at email@example.com or drop us a line on social media!
- Staggered deadlines – For the first time, Virtuoso is offering early bird, standard and late deadlines. Whether you’re looking to save a few dollars or have a few extra days, you can choose from one of three deadlines to submit your entry.
- New online submission platform – Submitting your entry has never been easier with our new online submission platform.
- Improved scoring – Virtuoso scoring thresholds have been lowered slightly to align with recommendations from IABC International. Entries will still be scored against the global standard of the profession using the ‘Seven-Point Scale of Excellence’ and winners will hold the same prestige, reflecting excellence in their profession. To win an Award of Merit, an entry must score between 5.0 and 5.24. To win an Award of Excellence, entries must score above 5.25. Best of the Best Awards will continue to be awarded to the top scoring entries in each division.
- Revitalized evaluation – We’re making necessary improvements to our evaluation process. In the past, Virtuoso Award entries would be sent to a peer IABC chapter for evaluation. Starting this year, we will seek unbiased, carefully selected evaluators from our local communications, marketing and creative industries. This will allow us to select senior professionals who meet set criteria, and ensure they are consistently trained to evaluate fairly and provide meaningful feedback on your project.
- Enhanced recognition – We are offering more recognition to Virtuoso Award winners to ensure you are celebrated in the ways you deserve. From the Virtuoso Awards Celebration to social shout-outs, award winners will be featured more prominently to highlight excellence in our region.